9.16.2007

Irony.

So, The Eighth Block is launched and the email to hype its debut is out. And as I admire the fruits of labor of nearly an entire weekend--although I admit I did take a few breaks: for my Lake of the Isles run, to check out Minneapolis' Dance Band (from which I took this week's quote) and of course, to watch the Packers bruise the Giants 35-13--I can't help but think where this thought was going before the insertion of a tangental sentence clause. Ah yes, as I admire the fruits of labor of nearly and entire weekend, I can't help but realize that this American Lit class blog is needing more, well ... American Lit. True, you can visit the Online Resources and download duplicate copies of all class handouts, but that will only get you so far. Look for more American Lit-related content soon: extended metaphors, stock characters, enjambments, heroic couplets, and the like. Look for subtext, too; it'll be there, just tougher to find.

No comments: