5.19.2008

Intro/Thesis Exchange and Writing Conferences.

Introduction/Thesis Exchange.
Please exchange introductions with someone in class. Critique each others' intro, especially the thesis. (Use the thesis statements handout for reference! If you no longer have yours, here it is again: Thesis Statements.)

I also encourage you to seek me out (either personally or by email) for intro/thesis feedback. The sooner you approach me the better; I wouldn't want you to get too far invested in the essay before knowing whether or not you have a solid foundation in a thesis.


Writing Conferences.
  • Wednesday: Tutorial: Christopher & Maddie | After school: Taylor
  • Thursday: Block 3: Andi & Erik | Block 4: Scott | Block 7: Shaina & Nina | After school: Nik
  • Friday: Block 3: John| Block 4: Jack | Block 6: Kelins & Tyler | Block 7: Adam, Becca, & Carly
It is your responsibility to remember your writing conference day and time. Writing conferences will take place either in the classroom (#344) or my office (#327). (Try the classroom first and if I'm not there go to my office.) Please let me know in advance if you need to reschedule, as a "no show" will not receive credit. Also, remember that you will facilitate the discussion. To this end, come to the conference with:
  1. Either an electronic or a hard copy of your essay.
  2. At least two specific aspects of the writing process that you're struggling with, have concerns about, or would like feedback on.
  3. Specific questions. (Go beyond simple "yes" or "no" questions and vague questions such as "Is my thesis good?" or "Does my paper make sense?")

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah so I'm not on any of those lists... Does it work for me to come in Friday Block 7?
-Carly

Anonymous said...

Patrick, there isn't a block 7 on Wednesday....I presume you went tutorial, and I will be meeting with you then Just a heads up so this doesn't cause any problems.

Christopher-

—pb. said...

Christopher, you've successfully thwarted my plans to stand you up. See you during tutorial.